Saturday, March 14, 2009

Shortbread Cookies


I found this recipe on the back of a package of Ghiradelli milk chocolate chips. They were super easy. Hubby said that these were the best cookies I've ever made! And he usually hates cookies. When I am short on time, I just press the dough into the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan, bake, and cut into squares when cool.

Ghiradelli Shortbread Cookies
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 pkg. chocolate chips (either semi-sweet or milk chocolate)
Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Grandually add flour until combined. Stir in chips by hand. If dough seems crumbly or dry, don't worry, it will stick together when shaped with hands. Using the palms of your hands, or a mini cookie scoop, shape cookies into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 13-15 minutes. Cookies should be very lightly browned when done. Remove from cookie sheets and let cool completely.

1 comment:

Hearts-Treasure said...

Those look yummy and I am sure to have all of those ingredients in my kitchen.

I will try it! Thanks Allie!