Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Seven Layer Brownie Bars (or, I call them Coma Inducing Brownies or PMS Bars)


Remember the old tried-and-true recipe "Magic Cookie Bars", the recipe on the back of the Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk can? Well, I happened to think that Magic Cookie Bars are pretty much the best dessert ever, so when I stumbled upon "Seven Layer Brownie Bars" (a recipe on the back of a brownie box), I found that they were almost identical, except that you use a brownie mix instead of a graham cracker crust. I made these bars a while ago and pretty much ate the entire pan in a matter of days. My teeth hurt afterwards from the sugar and chocolate overdose. I highly recommend making this simple pan of heaven.

Seven Layer Brownie Bars

  • 1 stick butter, melted
  • 1 (12-16 oz.) box brownie mix
  • 1 cup shredded coconut
  • 1 cup butterscotch chips
  • 1 cup chocolate chips (I prefer milk chocolate chips in this recipe)
  • 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
  • 1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
Preheat oven to 350. Pour melted butter evenly on bottom of 9x13 pan. Sprinkle brownie mix over butter. Sprinkle coconut, butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, and pecans over top. Drizzle evenly with sweetened condensed milk. Bake 30-35 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Cool thoroughly before cutting into bars.
*I find that refrigerating these bars overnight makes them perfect to cut the next day. Good luck staying out of them!

No comments: